When I was a tween, uncomfortable in my tall, changing body, I met yoga. It was a television advertising fluke that lead me to purchasing my first yoga book. Since then it has been a mainstay of physical, mental, emotional & spiritual support.
I began to take classes in
- 1993 in the Iyengar tradition as brought forward through Faye Berton.
- 2001 Yoga Teaching Certification - 200 hour with Christopher Baxter, founder of AtmaYoga, a Kripalu based Hatha Yoga fusion
- 2011 500 Hour Yoga Teaching Certification with Tanya Sowards founder of Devanadi Yoga: merging Hatha, Vinyasa, Tantra, Ayurveda & Energy Medicine;
I continue to inform my teaching and relationship to yoga by studying with:
- Rod Stryker (Himalayan tradition-ParaYoga),
- Aadil Palkhivala (Iyengar based-Purna Yoga),
- Judith Lasater(Restorative Yoga),
- Matthew Sanford (Iyengar + Adaptive Yoga)
- Bo Forbes (Elemental Yoga)
- Tanya Sowards (www.devanadiyoga.com)
- and you!